Saturday, April 11, 2009

Homework help......

Homework Contract

I ________________ &_______________ Have mutually agreed to the following terms regarding our homework policy.

Homework Schedule:

Monday ________________ ______________

Tuesday ________________ ______________

Wednesday ________________ ______________

Thursday ________________ ______________

Friday ________________ ______________

Saturday ________________ ______________

Sunday ________________ ______________

  • Failure to follow the terms of this contract will result in the following penalty _____________________________________________________________
  • Following the terms of this contract for a________________ will result in a award of _____________________________________________________________

___________________ (parent signature)

___________________ (student signature)

___________________ (other parties signature/teacher)

**A general rule for homework length is 10mins for grade one students and then an extra 10 mins for each additional year of schooling. High school students should be approximately 1- 2hrs.

Homework Rules

Together, come up with no more than 5 rules to help accomplish homework and make it a positive experience.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I used a similar contract when I was teaching. As for the HW regulations, I guess it would depend on where you were teaching. I taught a lot of kids that had zero support at home, so HW was more like punishment. Hard to say.

    I'm swinging by from the MBC Under 100 Club. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best idea ever. When my step-daughter comes to our house, she seems to think that she doesn't have to do homework here. Like we are the vacation place for her in that department. I showed my hubby this, and he things this is a great idea to get her motivated!! Thanks soooo MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you like it! Let me know how its works for you!

    ReplyDelete